This project began by developing a masterplan to reorganize the 1970s complex to better suit today’s congregation, provide contemporary facilities and to stage the works to accommodate the parish’s financial capacity. The first stage was to gut the central spaces and create an open foyer, modern kitchen, offices, store and toilets to allow the better connection of the two primary spaces of worship space and hall. The second stage extension created a linear storage facility to support multiple users of the hall with new openings at each end connecting inside with outside. The third stage created a new entry sequence opening up the central foyer space to the street via a frameless glazed airlock. A galvanised vine-like steel structure creates a porte cochere with leaf green polycarbonate roof to shelter the entry and support the 1886 church bell. A final stage will extend the worship space to enlarge its capacity.