st.michael’s north carlton

St.Michael’s complex of buildings is structured around an ‘L’ shaped brick clad heritage spine of 1885 worship space (designed by J. Gall), Williams Hall from 1891 and Nickson Hall from 1910.  These buildings, now all over a century old, have benefitted from occasional maintenance and over the last twenty years our practice has undertaken a series of restoration projects to ensure the integrity of their fabric has been cared for.  This has included slate roof repairs, rejuvenation to the church lantern, restoration of Williams Hall’s bellcote and roof vents, restoration of the nineteenth century stained glass windows, reparations to masonry walls, refinishing of floors, work on drainage systems and updating of the electrical system.

photographer: Peter Bennetts